Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is to invest approximately £3 million in innovation projects. This funding is from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) Create Growth Programme for the six appointed regions in England. The six regions are:
- Greater Manchester
- the West of England with Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
- Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire
- Kent, Essex, East and West Sussex
- the North East of England
The programme support package will comprise of three complementary strands:
- business support targeted at the creative industries
- investor capacity building activities
The aim of this competition is to provide a package of targeted support to high-growth creative businesses to scale, build investor networks and reach their potential. This funding is designed to help creative businesses explore new innovation projects as a stimulus for growth.
Your proposal must:
- be from the creative industries
- be from a micro, small or medium size enterprise registered in a DCMS Create Growth Programme region
- focus on a clear growth opportunity and the proposed innovation to address it
- demonstrate the impact funding and support can have on the growth plan of your business
- engage with the regional support if your application is successful
Your project’s grant request must be between £10,000 and £30,000, and the competition closes on Wednesday 8th February 2023 at 11am.
To find out more, or to start your application visit the Innovation Funding Service Page here.